- Load up Factorio on your computer
- Go to play > Multiplayer > new game
- Set all the settings you want
- Click generate
- Set the latency at the max you want to allow people to have (Anyone over this will be unable to play)
- Set the autosave and allow commands to whatever you want
- Make sure "Use peer-to-peer" communication is UNTICKED
- Click play
- Once you are loaded in press esc > save game > save it as gamesave
- Locate the save on your computer. See below for default locations
- Stop your server
- Upload the gamesave.zip folder to your servers default folder (Make sure the server is stopped otherwise data corruption can occur)
- Start the server and you are now playing on your newly generated map.
If you already have a save you want to use follow step 11 then in configuration -> startup parameters set Save Name to the name of your world. Leave off the .zip as this will automatically be added.
To locate your save on your computer it will be in one of these default locations.
- Windows (Installer):
- Windows (Steam):
- Linux: ~/.factorio/saves