Rust servers hosted by AleForge are automatically added to the Community or Modded server list in Rust, depending on if your server is modded or un-modded. If your server is not appearing in this list, it is usually caused by one of the multiple common reasons.
If your server is not appearing in the Rust server lists, it can usually be solved with one of the following steps:
- Update your Rust server - If Rust is not up to date, the server will not appear. Our system will automatically update your server on every server restart.
- Update Oxide - If you are running Oxide on your server, this will need to be updated with every new Rust update (sometimes it can take a few hours for Oxide to release an update). Restarting your server will check for an Oxide update if enabled under Startup
- Update any mods/plugins - If you have any modifications or plugins installed, ensure they are all up-to-date.
- Shorten the server name - The server display name (hostname) can cause the server to not show in the Rust server list if the name is too long or contains special characters. Try shortening the server name, or resetting it entirely and ensuring you only use letters and spaces in the name.
- Clear the Steam cache - To do this, access your server files via FTP (FileZilla, or on the control panel under Files > FTP File Access), then enter the Steam directory and delete both the "appcache" and "config" folder.
- Wait several minutes - If you still cannot see your server in the server list, it may also simply be because it hasn't appeared yet. Sometimes it can take a few minutes for your server to appear due to a large number of servers being loaded
If after trying all of the above steps carefully it still isn't showing, try the following:
- In Steam on the top menu bar, click 'View' and then 'Servers'.
- On the window that was opened, click the 'Favourites' tab.
- Click 'Add a server', enter your Server IP and click add to favorites.
- In Rust, you should now be able to see your server appear in the 'Favourited' list after clicking refresh.
Please note that Rust will only show a maximum of 5000 servers at a time, which means it may take a while to show your server, or may not show at all. Rust will prioritize showing servers with a lower ping (servers closer to you). To transfer your server to a location closer to you contact our support.
You can also order a Dedicated IP for your server which can often solve this issue.
If you require any further assistance, please contact our support